Monday, October 5, 2009

Mobility


My little Preston! He is such a ham. He has been a difficult but wonderful baby. Not sleeping well at night, wanting to be held constantly. Inconsolable crying for 2 hours at a time. He is getting better, I think. Thank goodness for vacuum cleaners (they really do calm a fussy baby)! I've cut milk out of my diet...and cut back on the chocolate :(, and I've tried to stay away from things that would make any human gassy. He just has an upset belly that is making him miserable! Since recently he has decided it's okay for me to put him down once in a while, I've been laying him on his back on the floor. He looks around for a long time, and when he gets fussy, I play tickle games with him. The most I ever get out of him is a grin...you can tell he wants to laugh, but holds his breath instead! Today I sat him down and walked away to let him explore the room with his eyes...and when I came back...he was on his side! My baby is getting mobile! He's only 7 weeks old today! No, he can't roll from his belly to his back yet...let's give it time. I was just surprised when I saw him like that...and he stayed that way until I rolled him back over. He must like it!

4 comments:

Tyler and Cheryl said...

He is so cute! Sorry to hear he is being difficult. We never put Sawyer on the floor because of our HUGE dogs... so I think he's gonna be a little behind in the mobility category. Atleast he won't get eaten! :)

Sue said...

Catrina!,, Hi It is Sue Rolapp! Holland was the same way and it was due a brave and talented doctor diagnosing her with a milk allergy!!!(NOT lactose intolerant) We had to give up brest feeding at three months sadly....switched entirely to soy and got a almost instant happy baby who slept through nights finally and thrived...He advised us to SLOWLY reintroduce milk products and we did so around 18 to 20 months I believe...I mean slowly...little bits at a time tiny pieces of dairy cheese and little sips of milk and the allergy is gone and she loves real milk and plenty of it....Good luck he is a beautiful boy!
Hope you all are safe smiling and thriving....would love to see your whole brood next time we are all in town!!! Love, Sue and Holland

Sue said...

sorry for the typos...can't find my glasses...and I am getting Holland off to school but couldn't resist an opportunity to help...Love, Sue

Kimberlyn Roundy said...

He is soo cute. I can't believe how much I want to pinch those little cheeks. You guys did good. Congratulations Cat!