Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A couple of firsts

Preston's first tooth broke through. It's the bottom, front, left tooth. I just noticed it yesterday...but it may have been there for a couple days. He's already trying to take advantage of it, and is biting everything! It's a very cute little tooth! I wish I could take a picture, but he hardly even lets me look at it! Maybe when he gets his next tooth, I'll be able to get a picture of them both.

(this picture was taken a few days later...after his second tooth broke through on the bottom right...his right. I love his little teeth!)



Preston FINALLY slept in his crib! We all know that he is not a good sleeper, so he sleeps in any place that I can get him comfortable, or any place that he will sleep longer than 30 minutes! That means he has slept in his swing a ton. He's slept in my arms. He's slept on the floor a few times. He's also slept in his bouncy chair a couple of times. We only used his bassinet for probably 3-4 weeks because he just didn't sleep well. He was sleeping a max of 15 minutes at a time in there, so I finally gave up. The other day, after deciding I was really tired of sleeping on the couch, I tried putting him in his bed. He did really well! I think it was because it was dark, cool, and quiet in the bedroom. He slept for a long time! He has to be really asleep before I put him down, or it doesn't work. He's also had some relapses. He was sleeping through the night (mostly), but this last week, he's been awake about every 3 hours, and he wouldn't sleep in his bed for longer than an hour. We are back to the swing for right now, but we will get to the crib again soon. At least it's a start to normality!



Preston has recently been able to sit up on his own! I was able to leave him sitting for a few minutes...then he finally tipped over onto his side. Up until a couple of days ago, he would fall over after just a few seconds...so it's a huge upgrade in just a couple days! He's such a big little man!! :D


No comments: