Wednesday, March 17, 2010

7 months old on St. Patty's Day!

Preston turned 7 months old today. Best of all he celebrated his first St. Patrick's Day! We put him in green...along with all of the kids. I still wish I would have taken a picture of all of them. Oh well. That's what happens when it gets busy! Trying to squeeze a holiday in after school never really works out. We always try to make it a special day....celebrate the little bit of Irish in our heritage. We had the traditional corned beef and cabbage. I had to make it this year...usually Jared does that part. It turned out pretty good for my first try! For dessert we had cinnamon rolls with green frosting! I think the kids had fun.










Anyway, Preston is on to his next month of growing. He started eating "real" food last week on Monday....we started with some carrots...which he loved!! This week it's squash, and he's doing fine with that too. As mentioned before, he is crawling! He is still a bit awkward with it, but gets around just fine. I'm sure by next week, he'll be a pro! He has slept better at night lately, only waking up a couple times. He's developing an aggressive personality. If he wants something, he will do everything in his power to get it. If you take him away from something he wants, or take something away from him...he cries and sometimes even screams. I thought he was still too young to care about little things. You can't take away one thing while distracting him with something else either....he's just too smart for that. It's funny to watch him. Jared calls him a little cave man. He pounds his little hands on his belly and yells....so cute! He grabs on to me...pretty much pinching my face as hard as he can and pulls it close to his, then he laughs or screams, depending on what mood he's in. He gets excited when he hears loud noises, and loves music. He's a little curious George. If it's somewhere that he's not suppose to be, he will find a way to get there. If it's something he's not suppose to play with, he's playing with it. The room could be filled with Preston's toys, and he'd find the one Lego in the entire room to play with. He's one that you can't take your eyes off of. It's gonna be even better when he starts walking....let's pray that doesn't happen for a while! We are having fun watching him grow. The kids grow more attached to him every day. Peyton has fun playing with him. They both lay on the floor, and Preston crawls over Peyton...or grabs Peyton's nose. They just have a blast...Peyton laughs so hard at him sometimes. I was a little worried that Peyton would have jealousy issues, but he loves his little brother. He wants to take care of him and be the big brother. I really hope it lasts! We are ready to see what this next month brings!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Your blog updates don't always feed to my blog roll thing. I looked at your blog bc I didn't see an update, and I haven't seen it in awhile. Preston is a doll! He sounds like a little firecracker. It's awesome how they have their own personalities...even very very young. My fave picture of him is the one with his 2 new bottom teeth, smiling. That is an awesome picture! He has amazing eyes and his cheeks are so smooth and squishy!
And little Peyton and his kindergarten guess who thing... you are super mom and I can imagine how happy he was! You are right, it's in those moments that make the lack of sleep, the frustration, etc all worth it!
Also, go Caile and her science fair project! Good to know about the 100% aluminum! Freakin' look at those posters btw! How do you do it all. I think about the kids as they get older and wonder how to manage it all. We just get by with the bare minimum. One of these days we will embark on extracurriculars!

The Hughes' said...

He is getting so big!!

Katie Ricks said...

Oh my goodness!! He is so cute! I love the picture of him doing a little smile!

Heather B said...

What a sweet boy, even if he does keep you on your toes! I love the photos--you're a lucky momma. Take care!

TisforTonya said...

Catrina - how am I just now seeing your blog for the first time???? Ugh - bad cousin, that's me! (oh, this is Tonya... don't I look JUST like my profile pic??)

that kid is Darling!!!