Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some fun stuff

Preston has been trying to copy us...and blows little raspberries! SOOO cute! He mostly just spits, cuz he's a slobbery kid...but it's adorable anyway. He's attempting to scoot himself across the floor and tries to eat everything! Sorry kids...no more Lego's downstairs! If he can't get what he wants by scooting, he rolls until he can get there. He hit his head on the coffee table the other day, mid roll. He only cried for a minute...Mommy fixed him!

Peyton has been doing really well in school and is starting to read and write. As far as I know, the first word he spelled (without being prompted) all on his own was CANDY. He spelled it just like it sounds.....KANDE. When he came home with his school papers and "kande" was written on it...I just cracked up! How cute is that?! He tried, and really did pretty well! I mean honestly...he's 5, in Kindergarten! I know for a fact I didn't start reading until 1st grade. They just put the pressure on a little sooner now I guess.


Peyton's teacher seems to be falling in love with him more every day. She walks out with the kids and tells me funny stories about what Peyton did that day. He likes to sing songs to the class, and they are usually songs that the teacher wouldn't expect from him. Like a song that's on "G Force" from the Black Eyed Peas. "Boom boom boom, gotta get that boom boom boom"! So funny! He seems to think he's a little entertainer because he did a Michael Jackson dance for the class the other day too. I guess he spun around and said, "Ow!" Who wouldn't love that kid?! The most recent story the teacher told me was that Peyton said he and his girlfriend Katy are going to get married when they are big....but they have to have a date first...."and tonight is our first date". When I asked him what kind of date they were going to have, he said, "you go get something to eat, duh!" Katy's Mom told me that Katy told her the same thing. They have it all planned out that they are getting married when they are big. They even leave the classroom holding hands sometimes. So funny! Peyton asked me the other day if you have to kiss when you get married. I about peed my pants. He wants to get married, but kissing girls is gross! LOL. Awww, the innocence of my little boy! I hope he keeps his fun personality!