Friday, December 4, 2009

What a blessing!



Preston was blessed on Sunday November 29th in California. We chose to do it while we were visiting for Thanksgiving, that way some of our family could attend. Jared had a lot of family and friends who were able to participate in the blessing. Jared's Dad, Sid, blessed Preston for us. It was a beautiful blessing, full of health and happiness! Preston did really well through the whole thing. I was worried he was going to scream through it. I tried to prep him as well as I could. He had a full belly before they got started...and he wasn't quite to his cranky, tired phase yet. I'm so glad it went so well. Our newest little blessing was officially blessed! After the blessing, I had to change Preston's diaper...twice in a row (that's all I'll say about that!)...then his cranky, tired phase kicked in. I walked the halls for the rest of church. We made it through the important parts though!














We had a nice brunch for friends/family afterward. Thanks Barbara for getting it all set up for me! The brunch was wonderful....delicious food! Jared was able to visit with some friends...and his "second family" for a while. I know he was so excited to see his "other Dad". It was nice for me to finally meet some of the people he's told me so much about! Leave it to a baby to bring family and friends together. This was truly a blessed day!













2 comments:

The Hughes' said...

Congrats! He looked so cute in his blessing outfit!

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

that's awesome you got to baptize him in California!

I loved the family pictures!

you guys look so happy!