Monday, May 10, 2010

Conversations with a 6 year old

I've had a couple of funny conversations with Peyton in the last few days that I wanted to share. These are the kind of conversations that I have often with my son. I don't always have the mind to write them down, but I came to the realization the other day, that these kind of conversations won't last. I just want something to look back on, and laugh at, and share with him when he is grown...and has kids of his own! These are just some misunderstandings/misinterpretations of words.

On the way home from school....

Me: "What did you do at school today buddy?"
Peyton: "Well, I had to go shopping."
Me: "Really? Shopping?"
Peyton: "Yep, that's what they called it."
Me: "Well, what did you do? Did you buy stuff?"
Peyton: "No, I wrote stories and stuff."
Me: "Oh! Did you go to a workshop?"
Peyton: "Oh yeah, I think that's right."

At home......

Peyton: "Mom, I need a ear cleaner to get the food out of my ear."
Me: "What?"
Peyton: "I need to get the food out of my ear."
Me: "You don't have food in your ear buddy."
Peyton: "Yes, remember? The Dr. said I have food in my ear."
Me: "Oh, you mean fluid! The Dr. said you have fluid in your ear."
Peyton: "Oh."