Monday, January 31, 2011

Crib Escape Artist

Preston just climbed out of his crib....not gracefully I might add. I hear a loud Preston scream coming from the bedroom....then a thunk, and a cry.  I ran up the stairs and meet Preston at the door to the bedroom, where he should not have been! 

I can picture the scene in my head.  Little Preston figures out a way to pull himself to the top of the rail.  Then he's scared and can't get down!  The screaming begins, then the fall to the floor.  Then he comes to the door crying to find Mommy.  

I opened the door and there's my little boy, holding his head and crying.  There's no bump or even redness that I can see.  Good thing little boys are so sturdy and resilient!  We walked and cuddled until he went to sleep.  I put him back in the crib....but now I'm not sure how safe that is!  We're gonna have to figure this one out.  He's not even 18 months old yet, I don't think he's ready for a big boy bed! 

I've got a smart little monster on my hands :) 

Any suggestions and/or funny stories of your own would make me feel better!  

2 comments:

Heather B said...

I don't think my story will make you feel better... Logan fell while climbing out of his crib when he was about 20 months old--broke both bones in his left wrist. It appeared he tried to break his fall with his hands instead of landing on his head like a normal child! Poor baby. He sure looked cute in his little blue cast, but I got some strange looks at the grocery store. As for the other kids, Abby was a natural climber, and had no fear about climbing out from a very young age--never had a problem, and she even used the tall end!! We got to the point where we just accepted it as normal for her. Sheesh!

Catrina said...

no, your story makes me feel tons better Heather! I don't feel like the only parent alive who 'allowed' her child to fall from the crib. Now I know there's nothing I can do about it. I just pray for the best :) Oh, and poor Logan...ouch!