Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was great this year. Usually we are frantically trying to get to someone else's house, and I guess we just get plain overwhelmed with the chaos of family. Don't get me wrong....we love our families and we love spending time with them! It was just a nice break, or I guess just a good change to be at home this year. Just our little family. We could bond and enjoy each other and the holiday, without all the distractions. We were able to bake cookies for Santa. Of course we cheated and used the breakable, ready to cook kind! We opened our traditional Christmas Eve PJs. We played a board game as a family. The kids went to sleep relatively early (so nice), while Jared and I stayed up to wrap presents. It was probably the most calm Christmas Eve I've ever had. I loved every minute of that time we spent together. The whole experience made Christmas Day that much more special for us.


Baking cookies was fun....even though we cheated. The kids don't really care anyway. The best part is putting the cookies on the pan! Actually the best part is getting to taste them when they are done. We wouldn't want Santa to eat bad cookies!
















The Pajama opening.....it's an exciting time! Please ignore the stupid faces! Apparently the parents don't take this too seriously :)



Caile loves her new pajamas, especially her flip flop fuzzy slippers!



Peyton just loved the fact that he got to open a present before Christmas....but he was pretty impressed with the Incredible Hulk PJs and slippers!






We thought Josh was enjoying himself....
and he really seemed to like the pajamas. Somehow he still looks like the exorcist in his picture.















The 3 little cuties dressed and ready for bed. They are waaaayyyy too excited for Santa!



The cookies, milk and reindeer food are all ready!



The stockings are hung and waiting to be filled......




4 comments:

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

oh em gee!!!

I loved the pictures!!

cute Christmas tree! the decorations were way cute! good job! you are creative!!

looks like you had a pretty sweet holiday! wish we could of gotten together to have our own special christmas party and exchange gifts. one day maybe we'll have a reunion.

thanks for the kind words and support. your truly a best friend.

I do miss you. it just seems our schedules conflict. I am not avoiding you. it's just hard to get away from the hubby to talk. we haven't been to home depot in a while. lol.

I will definately tell becca hi for ya!

I can't believe she's coming. I can't wait!!!

I guess I've rambled on. Cute new layout too!

lub ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow...when you play catch up, you go all out!!

I CRAVE the year we have a quiet Christmas Eve. I'm learning more and more that I am the one that has to make it happen.

Love you "excited" face...you are a riot!

The Hughes' said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I am so glad! We did our first Christmas in our own home this year and I loved it! So fun!

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! mi hermana!!!

Love ya!