Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yep I'm 28

A couple of weeks ago I turned 28. Yes, 28, and I hope some people are keeping track because after 30, I'm done aging! I will simply stop and be 30 forever! We didn't do a lot for my birthday, but we did go to dinner and opened a couple gifts. As a Mom birthdays are much different than they are as a kid...and I kind of messed everything up by having my baby the day after my birthday! I spend most of my day trying to get everything ready for my son's big day. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed on my birthday. I had a wonderful time with my family, and that is what matters to me the most! It was sort of a reflective kind of birthday for me. I just got to thinking about how much my life has changed in the last 10 years. A measly 10 years!

In the last 10 years:

1. I graduated from high school, and college.

2. I moved to Utah, and have moved 5 times since then.

3. I changed from party girl, to homebody!

4. I married the love of my life.

5. I received my CNA certificate, then my RN license (after a lot of hard work).

6. We've bought 3 different homes (all of which we still own).

7. I had a beautiful baby boy, and gained two more wonderful kids.

8. I've grown as a person, inside and out.

9. I've learned that growing up wasn't all it was cracked up to be....and that it has turned out better than I planned.

10. I came to an understanding that deep down I'll always be that little girl with big dreams!

2 comments:

The Hughes' said...

Congrats! I am glad that you had a good birthday!

Anonymous said...

28?? Still so young.....but I do agree with you that ALOT can happen in 10 years. That was a good rundown!