Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our 2nd Anniversary!


My husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday. We have been together for 6 years now, and time has just flown! It's amazing what we have been through in those 6 years, and it's really amazing what has happened in just the 2 years we've been married. 2 days before our wedding, my husband was laid off from his job....what a wedding gift! He immediately got a new job, but it was 3 1/2 hours away. We spent the first few months of our marriage separated all week and just seeing each other on weekends. That was horrible. We finally got the courage to move everyone....even though our home hadn't sold....and lived in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment closer to his job. This apartment was suppose to be for only a few months....that turned into almost a year. We finally moved into a new home and have started the settling process. I can officially say after 2 years, I feel like I'm home, I feel like we are where we should be, and I feel blessed to have the things we have. We have overcome some hardships, and in my opinion have done a pretty good job with it. Most newly married couples don't have to start their lives together by picking up and moving to a place where there is no family and no friends to help out. Honestly, I think our situation has helped us to grow as a family. We've learned to sacrifice a lot for one another and depend on each other....because who else is there?! All I know is , I could not have chosen a better man to be my husband, or to be the father of my children. Our family is currently growing...and we will soon have a new baby boy in the house! We are very excited, and the kids can't wait to have a new baby brother! We are truly a blessed family!


Although we don't get a lot of time to ourselves around here...we were able to go out to dinner, just the 2 of us! We ate way too much, and just talked to one another (without interruption for a change!). It was a wonderful anniversary, the best 2nd anniversary I could ask for! I love you Jared, thanks for everything you do for me!

1 comment:

The Hughes' said...

Yay! I am so glad you are so happy! You do have a good guy! I'm glad he's so good to you! And I'm excited about your little boy!