Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Good News!

I had my Dr. appointment today...almost 35 weeks!! So, they did an ultrasound to check the baby's position....and he is head down! Just what I wanted to hear! I had almost completely prepared myself for a C-section. The baby was sort of sideways and head up when the doctor felt him last time, so I guess he just shifted position...Yay! I wonder if all that pain I had in my lower belly the other day was the baby changing position. It literally felt like he was digging in...so that must have been it. The doctor says that the baby has "no room" to move....and he kinda giggled when he said it. I guess the baby must already have a squished appearance to him. I have to agree that the baby has no room, since I have no room to breathe! So, the chance of him switching position at this point is slim. It was a fun to have a little ultrasound this late in the pregnancy! It was much harder to see things because the baby is so big now....and they just used the little portable machine in the room. We didn't get any shots that were really good enough to take pictures of unfortunately :(. But it was really cool to see the heart again, beating perfectly. We saw the kidneys and some of the ribs, one of the arms, and then we watched his chest moving up and down for his practice breathing. It was really cool! I'd never seen that before! The doctor said that they tend to get a lot of hiccups with practice breathing....so that's why he's been having them so much. So, now we just wait and see when this little guy is ready to find his way out. I'm having weekly appointments starting next week....we are headed toward the end!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

So exciting! Getting so close! Can't wait to see picts of that new baby!!!