Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Caile is 11!

Our little Caile celebrated her 11th birthday on July 30th. We had her birthday party on August 8th at the park. We gave her the option of a theme this year, and she chose luau! We had big plans to have a really cool party in our new backyard, but it wasn't done in time...so we settled for the park. It turned out really nice. It was sort of a weird day...a little chilly and windy. Who would have guessed that it would be chilly and windy at the beginning of August? It has been a bit of a different summer though. At least it didn't rain! Besides the difficulty in getting the decorations to stay in place, without blowing away, it turned out to be a great day. It wasn't too hot, and when the wind acted up, the kids wrapped up in towels. Caile had a great day...lots of friends, presents, and plenty of fun to go around. There were a couple moments of pre-teen drama, and a little bit of crying...but what else would you expect of an 11 year old girl. The song "It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to" kept running through my head for some reason.


Caile got some really cool gifts for her birthday....and way too many to show on here. Spoiled girl!



Caile's cake...unfortunately I didn't get a picture before my 5 year old stuck a candle right on the end of her name...



Getting ready for cake and ice cream!



Daddy trying to light her birthday candles...it was a joke with the wind.



Well, I thought there were 15 kids...but this only shows 14...hmmm. Hopefully we didn't lose one! My husband and I were the only adults...yes we are crazy!!

Getting lined up for the pinata!



The kids had tons of fun with the potato sac race, the 3 legged race, the balloon toss and the water balloon fight! Only very minor injuries occurred during these games.



1 comment:

Katie Ricks said...

awwww that looks like it was so much fun!! You guys are great parents!! 11?! wow.....what was I doing at 11??? don't remember ;)