Friday, August 28, 2009

Firsts

Peyton's first day of Kindergarten was yesterday! I can't believe he is getting so big....it really makes me sad, and happy at the same time. It's hard for a parent to watch their little one grow up! I took Peyton to meet with his teacher a couple days ago; and I was able to get out of the house and drop him off at school yesterday. I didn't want to leave the house yet...our baby was only 10 days old. I couldn't miss his first day of school though! And really it was only about a 15 minute trip. Grandma Egbert got into town a couple days ago as well, so she picked him up from school yesterday. He loved that, I think it made him feel a little bit special. He really needs to feel special right now! He seems to be having a bit of trouble adjusting to the baby. I know it will pass, we just need to give it time. He loves his baby brother, he's just acting out a little more lately. We will work through it. I can't believe my little man is a kindergartner!

He was so excited to go to school!








He loves his new backpack....it's hard to see but it's Batman!!







Outside of the school







Sitting at his table, ready to start his first day! It's enough to make a Mom want to cry!!







So, there were a lot of other firsts that I wasn't so lucky to enjoy. I wasn't there for Josh and Caile's first day of school...and I missed every first game. I missed Josh's first football game, and Peyton and Caile's first soccer games. I got to hear how great they did when they got home though...it was almost as good. It's so hard being at home while life is going on elsewhere. I've sort of felt a little stuck. If that makes sense. Probably just a little bit of the baby blues. I knew it would be hard at the beginning. There will be plenty for me to see as the year goes on!

No comments: