Tuesday, January 19, 2010

5 months

Preston was 5 months old on the 17th! I've been trying to keep track of all the cute little things he does. He is army crawling now! His little feet are starting to get dirty from digging into the carpet. I swear I vacuum constantly...and I shampoo probably every 6 months. We don't even wear shoes in the house, yet the carpet still stains his knees and feet. I think it's all the dust we get from empty lots and construction around us. I hate carpet. His hair is getting blonder, and his eyes are still a nice shade of blue! He isn't slobbering near as much as he was. I can actually leave the bibs off and he doesn't soak his shirt! He is starting to sit up alone but falls over pretty quick...we'll give that another month! Preston is a rolling master... he goes in between and around things. I have to really watch him so he doesn't get stuck! He's getting the hand eye coordination thing down; he doesn't just whack himself in the face with his toys anymore. He can move things from one hand to the other...and knows exactly where his mouth is. That is where everything goes! He still likes to scream for fun...it's this extremely high pitched scream...it really surprises you that it comes out of such a tiny body. It's not only a mad scream, because he does it when he's happy too! I guess his lungs are good! It's so fun to watch him play. I like to sit back and watch daddy talk to him and tickle him. He anticipates when we are going to make him laugh and gets a big smile on his face. He is starting to respond to other people laughing. I do a loud fake laugh at him sometimes and he'll just crack up. He seems to love music. Josh started playing the clarinet this semester and when the baby hears it, he does this little hum scream type thing (sorry hard to explain) and gets all happy. If he's crying, I'll sing an upbeat song to him, and he'll laugh. He is definitely trying out his little vocal cords. He does different sounds, in different tones..it's really cute. He finally noticed himself in the mirror the other day. He did a quick smile then looked away...but I had him playing in his bouncy chair in front of the fire place and I caught him staring at his reflection in the glass cover. He was smiling and moving slightly to see if it would follow...ADORABLE! I don't know if I mentioned this last month or not, but he's been figuring out his feet and hands...and that they actually have a purpose. I sit back and watch him....he'll go to grab something, see his hand there and stop to watch it. He puts it up in front of his face and turns it back and forth slowly....then wiggles his fingers a little bit. It's so awesome to see the amazed look on his face. It's almost like, "wow...look what I have, and see what I can do with it!" Then his attention breaks...short attention span...and he's off to what he was going to do in the first place. I just want to put in here....I remember Peyton doing these little things when he was a baby...and it was even more amazing as a first time Mom to watch those things. I'm just disappointed that I don't have all those fun things recorded. I have the main things down...like crawling, walking, eating, etc. but I don't have things written out...it makes me feel bad! Anyway, thank goodness for the blog!


This is just some picture randomness that I found and added from his 5th month :)













No comments: