Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Well, don't I feel dumb!

I was outside today, talking to the guy who's putting the rocks in our yard. Meanwhile, our dog had wrapped his cord around the stairs and got stuck. I went down the stairs and had to pull kinda hard to get the cord to come loose. When it came loose, somehow I found myself on my hands and knees with my face on the concrete! Looking back, it seems like it was in slow motion, but I'm sure it didn't look slow. Don't worry, I didn't hit my belly! I'm sure it's a natural reaction to protect that area when you fall. My left elbow and hand landed in the mud....along with both of my knees, my right hand caught me on the concrete, and my lips hit the concrete. Don't ask me how my face hit the ground, because I couldn't really tell you! Anyway, I was covered in mud, my hair in my face, my lip bleeding. The rock guy was kind of freaking out and asking if I was ok. He didn't see my bloody lip at first and I was so embarrassed that I just jumped right up and pretended like I was fine. He saw my lip eventually...and was even more concerned. I assured him that I was fine. Turns out my rock guy used to be an EMT back in the day. I guess if I was severely injured, at least there would have been someone there, other than my kids. I went inside, changed out of my muddy clothes, and headed down stairs to get ice on my lip. I just got the bag filled with ice when I had that shock feeling hit me. I seriously thought I was going to pass out (again). I got onto the floor in the kitchen and put the ice on my neck. I did break out into a sweat but didn't pass out (YAY)! I've pretty much felt horrible since then though. The baby is moving plenty and I called the doctor just to see what they wanted me to do. Since I didn't hit my belly, and the baby is moving, they told me to just come in tomorrow for my normal visit. I'll just keep a close watch on myself for the night. I mostly feel dumb. And now with a fat bloody lip, I can't really hide it from anyone! I'll blame it on the balance of a pregnant woman. I did fall down the stairs twice while I was pregnant with Peyton. I never fell in front of a stranger though.....I'm pretty much humiliated.

No comments: