Thursday, June 18, 2009

10 weeks and counting!!

So, tomorrow I'm finally 30 weeks pregnant! Why did it take so long to get through the 20's? Anyway, I saw my doctor today, the baby sounds fine, I'm measuring fine.....just a typical pregnancy (according to them..lol). I've gained another 5 lbs for a total of 15 now....yikes! My belly has been stretched to an all time new capacity....I never thought it could get this big! I've learned I don't have gestational diabetes....thank God....and I'm not anemic. So the passing out thing is just an anomaly.

I wish I could say that this pregnancy has been good for me, but it just hasn't. I guess I just feel lousy. I know that pregnancy isn't easy, and I expected that the first 3 months, but I thought I was going to be doing so much better by now. I spent the first half of my pregnancy worried I was going to lose the baby....and just after we had our ultrasound and I could relax a little....things started heading down hill. The difficulty breathing, the passing out, the increased nausea, the HORRIBLE heart burn, the leg cramps, the inability to sleep (due to peeing every couple hours and the fact that there is no comfortable way for me to sleep), being tired all the time, and the insane lack of coordination. I know that there were things that bothered me while I was pregnant the first time....but I didn't have all the typical pregnancy problems. I was sick for a couple months and the rest was a breeze! Not to mention, I've been having Braxton Hick contractions every 20-30 minutes or so. No, they aren't painful, but can you say annoying?! I've also had the worst cravings with this baby....everything that is bad for me, I want! It's like an uncontrollable force takes over me, and I have to eat one more cookie. Maybe the problem is I was in much worse shape starting out this pregnancy. Maybe I'm getting too old! Maybe the problem is I've been through a lot in the last year....it's my second pregnancy in a year, and had to go through the first 3 months of pregnancy twice in a row. I'm sure my body doesn't like that. I know there is nothing wrong with me that other women haven't experienced, but that doesn't make me feel any better! I want to enjoy my pregnancy. I want to just be excited all the time and have a little energy. I am happy that the baby is well and that he is extremely active (especially around the time I try to lay down to sleep). I do love feeling him kick and I can't wait to see his beautiful little face! I'm just uncomfortable, tired and miserable right now. Definitely not a glowing pregnant woman. 10 weeks from now it'll be over....then I can complain about how I'm really not getting any sleep! I'm just old....

So quick update on how I'm doing since the fall....I'm as sore as I thought I'd be! My whole left arm and shoulder are killing me! That's what most of the weight landed on. My right hand is a little bruised and my upper arm has a sore muscle. Both of my knees have bruises. My lip is looking better...I've kept it moist with Vaseline but it's still a little swollen. All in all, I'm completely fine....just feel like I had a really intense workout! And still embarrassed that someone watched me do that! Oh well...

2 comments:

Katie Ricks said...

oh my goodness cat! Is Jared like totally worried about you all the time?! You poor thing! I want to call ya and plan a get together but I don't want you to leave the house! Are you still working? How many days are ya workin? Make sure you're taking care of you!

Katie Ricks said...

Are you working this coming friday?