Monday, June 15, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We had big plans to spend a nice weekend in the mountains camping....things didn't turn out quite as planned. We drove to Cedar City on Saturday afternoon, and by the time we got there it started to rain. My husband...being the optimist he is....still wanted to try to camp up Cedar Canyon. He went up to the camp site and started setting up the tent while the rest of us prepared dinner. The drive up the mountain was horrible with all the rain. When we got to the campsite Jared was standing outside soaking in the down pour. The tents were set up, but we would never be able to keep the fire lit. We decided it would be a good idea to leave and come back the next day. We stayed in a hotel for the night while our camping equipment endured the rain. Sunday was beautiful...at first. The sun was out, no clouds in site. Jared and the kids left early so they could get up the mountain and make sure all was well. I stayed behind and shopped for lunch and dinner for that night. By the time I got out of the hotel, I wasn't feeling well, and when I got to the camp site, I felt horrible. I basically handed off the food to my husband and sat in the car. Being pregnant, you never know if you are really sick, or if you are just have pregnancy issues. After about an hour or two of sitting/sleeping in the car. I got out to throw up. Let's just say there is a particular tree that I was good friends with for the day. I tried to participate in the activity, but it would never last long before I was sick again. I tried to tough it out. The kids were having a blast. My sister, her husband, and their kids were there. They were laughing and playing. I really love camping usually, so I was bummed that I missed out on so much. After my sister took care of me most of the day, she suggested that we drive down the mountain for the night....and let the husbands and kids tough it out alone. It was raining off and on, and I really didn't think that trying to sleep in a tent, feeling the way I felt, was a good idea. I was finally able to keep a little bit of fluids down and got a decent night sleep. We headed up the mountain the next day and hung out for a while longer with the whole family....cleaned up and headed home. Not the funnest weekend of my life, but the kids enjoyed it! I'm glad we went. Next time we go....I will try not to be sick....and definitely won't be pregnant!!






My sister Tabytha and her two girls....Morgan and Kaydence

My little fart Peyton....his cheeks look way cold!


Kids playing in the tent....they had so much fun.


That's the weirdest face I've ever seen on Jared!


My kids, my nephew Bailey, and brother in law Chris. They were so fascinated with the fire!


This is me....I really was trying to participate. This was after I "visited the tree" a couple times.


No comments: