Friday, May 15, 2009

Easter

Easter, yes I know it was like a month ago....but I'm always behind!

So it wasn't the best day I've ever had....we stayed up way too late dying Easter eggs the night before. Of course the kids loved it, but I was soooo done by the time they all went to bed. Easter morning, I sure didn't want to get up. I realize however, that it's not all about me...so I grudgingly climbed out of bed (I'm pretty sure on the wrong side). We did the whole Easter egg hunt....and the kids loved their baskets! I think all the candy was gone in about 5 minutes. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then the kids played their new games. I don't know what the Easter Bunny was thinking....he brought "hungry hungry hippos" and "trouble" for the kids. Possibly two of the loudest games on the planet! Being that I'm super hormonal, I couldn't take the noise....or the fighting over the rules of the games....so I made a big scene, then sat on the porch whining about it to my poor husband. I seriously thought my head was going to explode! Jared told me that I should at least go sit on the bed in my room instead of on the hard concrete porch. Then he told me to take a nap! Can you believe it, lol?! So I took a nap. Did I wake up happy? No I did not, unfortunately. It was one of those days that I just felt mad. I just feel bad that I was so unhappy on Easter, and that I spread my gloom around to everyone else! When my husband and I started on Easter dinner, I chilled out a bit. Here's my apologetic conversation with my husband. Me: "I think the baby is making me angry today." Jared: "Me too, that's why I'm not mad at you." Then we laughed and hugged, and it was all better. I guess that's not really an apology....but what can you expect from a grouch? We went on a bike ride to the park a little later and Jared got Peyton riding his bike without training wheels! Peyton was scared to death and really wanted his training wheels left on. He did great though! I'm such a proud mama! He only really crashed once and didn't get too hurt. So, all in all, Easter ended well....even though I was a grouch. I think everyone else had an awesome day!


Peyton making his famous alien Easter egg


This is the alien...I think there are 5 eyes


Our big collage of eggs....the kids got pretty creative. That's what took all night!


I didn't get pictures of the baskets when they looked nice....this is after they've been gone through a few times


Josh with his water guns....those were also a bad idea! But the boys loved them!


Caile....beautiful as ever.


Peyton with one of the most annoying games ever!


Peyton trying to ride without training wheels. With Daddy's help of course!


Going........going.........


GONE!


1 comment:

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

WOW! Peyton did a good job!

Your not a grouch all the time so that's okay!

Glad to see you blogging a little more! I cant' wait to read more!