Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mom's Day


Of course I worked Mother's Day weekend....not a big shocker considering my profession. But somehow, I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I came home to breakfast being cooked. The house was clean and the table was set. Peyton was sitting on the couch waiting for me. Caile and Jared were cooking. And Josh, well Josh was still sleeping! It was so nice though. Josh did get up when breakfast was ready. Peyton was adamant that he bring me breakfast in bed. Jared made breakfast burritos, so I got my plate together with everything I wanted and went to bed. Peyton brought me my plate and I could see that he tried to fold my burrito shut...but it didn't really work. He was so proud, I could see it in his eyes. When I told him thank you....I like to think I did it in a way that made him truly feel like he did something special for me. He was so happy. I asked him if I could come down to the table and eat with everyone. He said, "yea, since I brought you breakfast in bed, you can come downstairs now." It was great, I ate too much! The kids gave me some school made gifts and cards. They were really adorable. They also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a digital picture frame! Jared got me 3 pregnancy massages! I can use one a month until I have the baby! I'm soooo excited to use them....I've never had a professional massage before. It truly was a beautiful day....even though I slept through the rest of it! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

1 comment:

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

Happy late Mama's day!!

Your such a good mom! You did a awesome job raising your kids! You deserve to be pampered!

I want a pregnancy massage! lol