Friday, May 1, 2009

A Bit of a Scare

So yesterday I had a little trouble. I was going about my day....doing the usual laundry and cleaning when I started feeling weird. I felt like I couldn't get a deep enough breath. It didn't feel much like asthma, but I used my inhaler just hoping that it would help. It really didn't. So, I thought maybe the baby was squishing my lungs or in a weird position cutting off some blood supply. I tried changing my position to move him. I leaned forward to make him fall forward, to get him away from all of my organs. This didn't really help either. I finally just layed down on my side and focused on taking deep breaths. After a couple minutes I started feeling sick to my stomach. I got that "I'm either gonna throw up or pass out" feeling. If you've ever passed out, you know what I mean! The nausea got strong enough that I had to get up and try to make it to the bathroom....but everything started going black....almost like a T.V. turning off. I got down to the floor on my knees....with my face on the ground and my butt in the air. I'm sure you can imagine how silly this looked....but it was the only way I could think of to get my head lower than my heart. Things went black for just a second, then I started burning up across my neck and face. I broke out into the post black out sweat...so gross! After laying on the ground for a minute or two, I climbed into bed to let it all pass. It was really scary because only my 5 year old and myself were home. I made a couple phone calls to my husband and the doctor's office (I even texted a friend to tell her I wasn't going to make it to lunch, lol) and just waited. My husband came home and the doctor's office called back and told me to go to labor and delivery to be checked out. By the time I headed to the hospital, I felt a ton better....just a little weak and shaky. Anyway, everything checked out. The baby was moving a ton! His heart rate was good and steady. My blood pressure was normal. They were a little worried about my lungs since I'd said I had a hard time breathing, but everything was clear. I was told to come back if there's another episode...but so far, I feel fine. I don't know what caused the little black out, and neither do they. The only thing I can think is that maybe I had a sudden drop in my blood pressure, or maybe I'm a little anemic. I've passed out before because of low blood pressure...but not since high school. It was a bit of a scare, but we are ok!

6 comments:

Katie Ricks said...

I'm so glad that you and the baby are ok! It sounds like it was alot of fun for ya! You make sure that you take care of your self!

Diana said...

Those moments are scary! To have no idea what's going on and why you're feeling that way, and to be home alone with your young son!! Glad you and your baby are doing okay!!!!!!

Mike and Missy said...

You scared the crap out of me! I was so worried! I wish you lived in springville so we could be there in a min if that happened! I am just glad you and the baby are all ok! I am starting to think u r just trying to avoid me:)

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

Catrina!!! oh wow!!!!!

see that's why I need to move close to ya and be your neighbor. that's it. I'm leaving and making Stephen transfer to Provo.

I'm glad everything is good. gosh that's scary. I'm sorry that happened. hopefully it doesn't happen again.

my good friend down here had a scare. she felt like she was having a heart attack. her heart rate was going up and down. she said she was having hot flashes. she said she felt light headed and dizzy.

must be something in the air with preggos.

wow. well take care and keep your phone by you. love ya.

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

I wish!

I'm just trying to find ways to get Stephen to move. LoL.

The other day i was like losing it cuz I can't take the warm weather. it messes with my happiness meter.

It was in the 90's and I wasn't nice. Finally I told Stephen if we lived in utah I'd be happier. he looked at me and said he knows.

It just sucks a little I guess. I don't mind it so much in the winter time but when it's like almost 100 degrees I'm done.

I'm glad your okay tho. I seriously am coming up in June so I will try my hardest to see you and Katie. I miss you guys. :(

I hope you had a good weekend. Love ya lots!! coco....

Kimberlyn Roundy said...

Wow that must have been scary. I am glad that you are ok and that the baby checked out ok.