Saturday, May 16, 2009

Peyton's first real bike crash

Because Peyton thinks he is a professional bike rider now, he decided to go around the block on a bike ride with Caile. Apparently he did pretty well most of the way.....even down the hill. But when they decided to cut through the dirt lot behind our house on the way home, Peyton didn't do so well. He's still a little shaky and has to concentrate while riding. All the dirt and rocks were just too much for him to handle. He fell over and had himself a good crash! Thank God I was at work, because I would have been freaking out! I came home the next morning and Peyton shows me a huge bruise and scrape on the inside of his arm....right by his arm pit. I said, "Holy crap! What happened?!" He told me about his bike wreck and as I looked him over, I found a scrape on his back, a bruise and scrape on his shin, a couple random bruises on his knees, a small bruise on his forehead, and even a bruise on his left clavicle! Seriously!? Poor kid! I guess if you're gonna wreck, do it right! And all of this just a few days after he has a rock thrown at his head! I know he's a boy....but geeze! He genuinely looks like he's been beaten! Good thing there's witnesses! After talking to Jared about what happened, everything was handled well. There was no breaking of bones and not even a lot of crying on Peyton's part. Jared just says, "He's tough." I don't think of him as a tough little boy yet....he's still my baby and I'm the protector. I think he's gonna have to stick to bike riding with Daddy for a while. He's just not ready for the big leagues yet!


No comments: